Friday, August 20, 2010

Sad News

A former student of mine lost his life this week, and I've been struggling with what to post here.

I don't want to show pictures of the calzones I made or the giant caterpillar in our backyard, when I can't stop thinking about this funny, sensitive boy and his grieving family.

I will be back to posting fun things soon, but for now, I'm going to take some time to reflect on the people I am lucky to have in my life and a boy who made the world a better place when he was in it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I am so sorry to hear this terrible news.

    It's tragic when anyone passes, but there's something different about when a young person loses their life. It never seems right or fair.

    I will definitely say a little prayer for you today as well as the family who is grieving for their lost son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. How awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family...

    ReplyDelete