Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tapas


The end of the week just flew by! I rushed to get a million things done-- and now I have a week off to do not much of anything.

I love being a teacher.


I also love eating lots of yummy Spanish food, which is what we did at our little Tapas Party this week. ("Tapas" is the name for any number of little appetizers usually served in Spain).

Our menu included olives, cheese, crackers, focaccia bread, chorizo and a Spanish omelette.


I wish I had gotten a picture of the focaccia bread right out of the oven, because it looked like something you would order in a restaurant. (My kitchen experiments usually taste good-- but they rarely look like they could be featured in Martha Stewart Living).


I browned the chorizo in a pan and served it alongside the Spanish omelette. There were about a billion recipes for Spanish omelettes online, and I cobbled them together to make mine.

Spanish Omelette

4-5 potatoes, peeled and slice thin
1/2 onion (I used a few shakes of dried onion flakes, because I am a hot mess when I try to cut raw onion)
6 eggs, whisked
Salt and pepper
About a 1/2 cup of oil (enough to almost cover the potatoes in the pan)

1. Heat oil and onion flakes in a pan.
2. Add potato slices and heat, covered, for 20 minutes. (I stirred them every few minutes)
3. Place softened potatoes and onion in a greased 13x9 baking pan.
4. Whisk eggs and pour over the potatoes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Slice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment