Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brussel Sprouts Can Be Delicious


Seriously, they can.

After I tried fried brussel sprouts at a nearby restaurant, I decided I would try to recreate these yummy veggies at home.

However, I opted for baking rather than frying, for a couple reasons:

1. I try to make healthy foods for me and the mister.
2. I am afraid of frying things in hot oil.

Luckily, I found the perfect recipe, and these brussel sprouts could not be easier.

Baked Brussel Sprouts (from bakingbites.com)

Brussel sprouts sliced in half (I used a package of frozen).
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper

1. Spread brussel sprouts on a baking pan and toss with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. (They are ready when they look brown and crispy).
4. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Brussel sprouts are awesome! You know, you can just saute them in butter or olive oil also. ") Yummy. Have you tried fiddleheads? You would like them if you like Brussels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like brussel sprouts too! But I'm weird and like broccoli and I think they taste the same, just different textures.

    Sauteed in butter is the way to go with brussels, although definitely not healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never sauteed brussel sprouts in butter, but I am of the opinion that butter makes everything better.

    Also, I've never had fiddleheads, but I Googled them to see what they looked like. I will have to keep an eye out at the store.

    ReplyDelete