Friday, February 19, 2010

"My muffin top is all that, whole grain, low fat...."

I can't make muffins without thinking of this 30 Rock classic.


And I did make muffins this morning-- Kemp's "You-Won't-Believe-They're-Whole-Wheat" Blueberry Muffins from Gourmet.

I made some substitutions based on what I had on hand, like regular whole-wheat flour instead of whole-wheat pastry flour, and lemon juice instead of lemon zest. (Also, I poured in a whole bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Blueberries, because I figured, why not add some more antioxidants?)

They are delicious, and they really do stain your tongue purple, just like the recipe promises.



2 comments:

  1. Hah! Now my stomach is grumbling for breakfast AND I'm singing a Jenna Maroney original in my head...interesting start to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to make these! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete