Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups: Take 1

Peanut butter cups are one of the greatest loves of my life-- right up there with Mr. Kinne and dark wash jeans from Banana Republic.

So, it's surprising that I waited until this point in my life to make my own.


I tried this recipe from Rachael Ray, and they were pretty delicious, but they taste a little too much like honey.  I've seen other recipes with powdered sugar instead of honey, and those are next on my to-make list.

I'll keep you updated.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh helloooo there PBcup. You look freaking amazing. Please hop in priority mail and head down for me to eat you. Kthx

    Dumb confession: I only got "into" PB cups in the past 5 years or so. Yeah, 25 years without them. Surely making up for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - I'm a PB & chocolate girl through and through. I made no bake PB Bars last weekend and husband ate them all. I think I need to give PB Cups a try....but without the honey. Yes, powdered sugar is where it's at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be your taste tester! Bring them over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you will love the ones made with the confec's sugar!! Super yummy :)
    Bake on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is a peanut butter lover, I feel like I should make her a batch some time :) Pretty sure she would love it.

    ReplyDelete