Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The British are Coming: Getting Ready

With our British house guests arriving next Wednesday, my top priority is having a place for them to sleep. However, I don't want them to spend three nights on our tiny Aerobed.

This means I had to take a trip to the home of inexpensive, Swedish furniture:



My dad, who is awesome, spent this past Sunday wandering around the New Haven Ikea with me.

Meatballs were consumed.

Boxes were hauled to the register.



A sofabed was purchased.


Now, I just need to clear a space for it in the spare room.

2 comments:

  1. I just had to say that your dad looks really friendly. Not sure why. Just throwin it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is, in fact, really friendly. He is one of those people who is nice to everyone-- acquaintances, waitresses, the people behind him in line at the store. :)

    ReplyDelete