Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Letter D

Inspired by Shannon, I am adding another entry to the encyclopedia.


Dogs with Grey Around Their Faces
I am not anti-puppy by any means, but there is something about a slow, lumbering dog who flops down next to you with big, soulful eyes and old-dog sigh.  That is my favorite kind of dog.

Doughnuts
In college, my friend and I used to go on Krispy Kreme road trips and circle the store until the red light came on.  I cannot resist a doughnut-- unless it is a filled doughnut, because those gross me out.

David Sedaris
I don't usually re-read books, but I have read Me Talk Pretty One Day more times than I can count.  His books make me laugh out loud in public places.


Disney World
I know it's cheesy, but there is something magical about the Disney parks.  Luckily, I married a man whose idea of fun is riding the Pirates of the Caribbean ride while wearing Mickey ears.

3 comments:

  1. David Sedaris is my shizz. I think I've re-read all his books so many times. His short stories are where it's at. And doughnuts too. Doughnuts are where it's at too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of you and Star! And, I love Disney just a little bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk. I laughed, I cried, I bowed down to David Sedaris for his enviable wit.

    ReplyDelete